The COVE School is a co-ed chapter 766 private special education school located on a 53-acre site in scenic Plymouth, Massachusetts serving residential and day students ages 12 to 18. The COVE serves day students from the southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island including the Boston and New Bedford metro regions and residential students from throughout the Commonwealth, with interstate admissions accepted as well.
We aim to prepare students for college or a career upon their graduation, offering:
• Speech and language pathology
• Occupational therapy
• Individual and group therapy
• Health Service/medication administration
• Individualized education programs and treatment planning
• Certificate of completion
• MCAS and state assessment preparation
• Intern- and externship placement opportunities
• College and trade school preparation, with vocational opportunities in culinary, landscaping, equine science, carpentry and more
• Physical education
• Diversity and inclusion initiatives
• Problem solving and social skills development
• Healthy life skills, community involvement and community service
• Emotional regulation and self-regulation skill building
The clinical team at The COVE School works in collaboration with the school to assist every student in achieving not only their academic goals but also their social/emotional and therapeutic goals.
Many students that attend The COVE Day School and Residential Program have a history of trauma, disrupted school placements, and psychiatric disorders that can manifest in withdrawal, avoidance, aggression, distrust, mood lability, and hypervigilance. With the understanding that many factors impact learning, clinicians utilize different trauma informed approaches in their work with students on an ongoing treatment basis.
Personalized clinical support
Every student at The COVE School is assigned a clinician upon admission. Each clinician is a masters-level social worker or mental health clinician, or an intern directly supervised by one. In addition to case management, clinicians conduct weekly individual therapy, twice-weekly group therapy, and are regularly present and available to students within the school and residential environments. The team of people working with a student on a day-to-day basis meet routinely to discuss both interventions and strategies for each individual youth.
The clinical team collaborates with teachers and faculty, parents and caregivers, school districts and placement agencies, and any outside providers who may work with students in the community to help students engage with and reach their therapeutic goals.
Learn more about The COVE School at www.thecoveschool.org.
To make a referral or for more
information, please click “Get
Services” or call Central Intake:
Get the latest news and see how your support can make a life-changing difference for vulnerable kids and their families.